fact, opinion and poetry (not airy-fairy)


Tuesday 5 February 2013

Rottweiler

'Sit! Sit!' shouts the owner.
'Woof! Woof!' shouts the Rotty.
'Why won't you sit on your botty?'
Grumbles the owner,
Or should it be moaner?

The big dog leaps and pirouettes,
Doesn't know what 'sit' means yet.
He wants to kill a passer-by.
But for the lead, the man would die.
What a truly charming pet.

The owner's huge and strong,
He doesn't see any wrong
In yanking at the dog's neck,
Lifting it right off the deck.
Dog-food man yells 'Sit! Sit!'
He looks a right twit.

I sit in my car.
No rush to get out.
I'd meet the dog and his lout.
I'll take a few more minutes rest,
Before I head for my nest.

A  true story, though I've taken a bit of poetic license with the 'botty' bit,  in reality I could only hear the futile shouts of 'sit'. Why they thought the dog would speak English I don't know.
I witnessed this incident because I often rest for a few minutes in my car at the end of my evening commute, as I am obliged to park a long way from home.
I am a residents parking scheme refusenik.


No comments:

Post a Comment