fact, opinion and poetry (not airy-fairy)


Friday 2 August 2013

Drifting on a Sea of Nonsense

When the Zeitgeist
Is a shite geist
How to keep from really caring?

The loudmouth fools
Keep spouting bull
They can't seem to keep from sharing.

This world is cracked
It's all an act
The endless flow of cant is wearing.

Fools mock and sneer,
I smell their fear
Their lack of inner truth is glaring.

They're full of hate
Their rantings grate
To speak the truth would be too daring.

Freedom's their boast
In fact it's toast
The future looks so harsh it's scaring.

We've lost our past
It's dying fast
The young find all this crap ensnaring.

I look inside
My speech elide
The only way to hold my bearing.

I guard my tongue,
Curb thoughts far flung,
Try not to grieve at this world's faring.
 
 
"When the world is running down,
You make the best of what's still around." - Sting 
 
See also:Durance Vile 

No comments:

Post a Comment